not the rhino
Wednesday, May 12, 2004
  Oh, give me a home...

where the buffalo roam...

That's right. Those are baby buffalos. With their momma buffalos. Or buffalo. Or, more correctly, perhaps, "bison."

Here at the lab, we have our very own herd of american buffalo. I ride past them every morning & evening on my bike. Apparently, they are very special: They "have a reputation for being large and healthy animals and are much sought after by breeders."

Also, they are cute.

the newest little one!

This baby is only a few hours old -- it still had its umbilical cord hanging off of it when it stood up. It was amazing to me how well it could walk and even trot a bit alongside its mother... go, buffalos. 
Comments: Post a Comment
i just don't know yet.

ARCHIVES
12.03 / 01.04 / 02.04 / 03.04 / 04.04 / 05.04 / 07.04 / 08.04 / 09.04 / 10.04 / 12.04 / 01.05 / 02.05 / 03.05 /


I know

spoons

The Boo

Elephant Larry

Knoblet

Spinning Mud

Tom 7

Jeff Solomon

Kaki King

Stridor

Twiin

I read

Mimi Smartypants

Defective Yeti

Cary Tennis

Dan Savage

Em & Lo

I like

Recipes

This American Life

Mike Doughty

Homestar Runner

MC Frontalot

Zingerman's

Penzeys

Find me on

Friendster

Orkut

Powered by Blogger