not the rhino
Monday, May 17, 2004
  Where the Allegheny, Monongahela and Ohio come together

This last weekend I was in Pittsburgh to visit spoons, and we did a few fun things. We grilled fishes, using the ever-fabulous James Peterson Fish & Shellfish book as a guide. We did a little garden planning for spoons & his neighbors. We had good Vietnamese food at Tram's -- spoons said if it was on his block, he would eat there every week. :) They are apparently one of the best 'vegetarian' restaurants in Pittsburgh, but that's probably because their vegetarian dishes are full of broths and sauces that come from meat & fish. I like a lot of vegetarian food, but soups without meat or fish that taste really savory are hard to make.

We also made a short stop at the Church for a malty dessert. The Church is one of the places I encourage travellers to Pittsburgh to visit. It's a unique spot. How many churches have you ever been to with brew works on the alter? Not many, I bet.

We also spent some time reading the book. (Almost done! With the first of three, anyway.) Since the book deals, in part, with Newton and the Royal Society, it got me interested in James Gleick's Isaac Newton. Thumbs up -- good non-fiction. 
Comments: Post a Comment
i just don't know yet.

ARCHIVES
12.03 / 01.04 / 02.04 / 03.04 / 04.04 / 05.04 / 07.04 / 08.04 / 09.04 / 10.04 / 12.04 / 01.05 / 02.05 / 03.05 /


I know

spoons

The Boo

Elephant Larry

Knoblet

Spinning Mud

Tom 7

Jeff Solomon

Kaki King

Stridor

Twiin

I read

Mimi Smartypants

Defective Yeti

Cary Tennis

Dan Savage

Em & Lo

I like

Recipes

This American Life

Mike Doughty

Homestar Runner

MC Frontalot

Zingerman's

Penzeys

Find me on

Friendster

Orkut

Powered by Blogger