not the rhino
Monday, September 27, 2004
  This just in!

It was a big weekend for my family. My step-brother Steve got married on Friday (my mom's husband's son) and my brother John became a new Dad. Isabella Katherine was born to John and Candace early in the morning on September 24. I am an aunt!

I will have some wedding and baby pictures soon, I promise.

It was also a weekend of crazy travelling for me -- with two L's or one! either is acceptable! -- my little rental car and I covered quite a bit of territory:

Friday morning: 400 miles, from the Lab to Cleveland
Saturday night: 140 miles, Cleveland to Pittsburgh
Sunday: 140 + 50 + 180 = 370 miles, Pittsburgh to Geneva, Ohio to Ann Arbor, MI
Tonight: 280 miles, Ann Arbor back to Chicago

I listened to some good CD's in the car: some Ani, some Weezer, a bunch of Eddie Izzard (thanks Tina and Bo!) a mix CD of Stefan's from Bonnaroo (thanks, Stefan!) and Green Day's newest album (thanks Stef, J!) This American Life, Lyle Lovett (thanks, Kirby!) ... for a grand total of almost 1200 miles this weekend. More, I'm sure, if you count the driving around inside all those cities... 
Comments: Post a Comment
i just don't know yet.

ARCHIVES
12.03 / 01.04 / 02.04 / 03.04 / 04.04 / 05.04 / 07.04 / 08.04 / 09.04 / 10.04 / 12.04 / 01.05 / 02.05 / 03.05 /


I know

spoons

The Boo

Elephant Larry

Knoblet

Spinning Mud

Tom 7

Jeff Solomon

Kaki King

Stridor

Twiin

I read

Mimi Smartypants

Defective Yeti

Cary Tennis

Dan Savage

Em & Lo

I like

Recipes

This American Life

Mike Doughty

Homestar Runner

MC Frontalot

Zingerman's

Penzeys

Find me on

Friendster

Orkut

Powered by Blogger