not the rhino
Tuesday, October 19, 2004
  Melted electronics smell bad...

My laptop adpater inexplicably fried itself last week, so all the pictures that I have that I want to post are sitting on my laptop, which is about as functional as a brick. I ordered a new adapter on ebay, so when it gets here, there will be pictures galore!

Until then, here's a bunch of recipes I keep meaning to link to:

Labor day end-of-summer menu:

Start out with some mint juleps (recipe to follow tomorrow - I've got to get it from my dad again...)

Grilled, Marinated Flank Steak

for the creole seasoning, use Emeril's Essence (ew.) but replace the 1 Tablespoon of Cayenne with only 1 teaspoon, otherwise it just tastes like Cayenne.

Grilled Eggplant with spicy yogurt sauce -- great technique for grilling eggplant, in general

Serve with corn-on-the-cob and potato salad

Finish off with a yummy berry pie

Some excellent baked goods you can try at home:

Awesome ginger cookies

Crispy Almond Biscotti

White-Chocolate Lime "Blondies" - Don't worry about all the craziness in this recipe with the foil, and cutting them in half, and filling them with strawberries or whatever -- I just make the blondies in an 8 x 8 pan and eat them. 
Comments: Post a Comment
i just don't know yet.

ARCHIVES
12.03 / 01.04 / 02.04 / 03.04 / 04.04 / 05.04 / 07.04 / 08.04 / 09.04 / 10.04 / 12.04 / 01.05 / 02.05 / 03.05 /


I know

spoons

The Boo

Elephant Larry

Knoblet

Spinning Mud

Tom 7

Jeff Solomon

Kaki King

Stridor

Twiin

I read

Mimi Smartypants

Defective Yeti

Cary Tennis

Dan Savage

Em & Lo

I like

Recipes

This American Life

Mike Doughty

Homestar Runner

MC Frontalot

Zingerman's

Penzeys

Find me on

Friendster

Orkut

Powered by Blogger