not the rhino
Recent (as of March, when I postponed and abandoned this entry) fun things/places/people described in two sentences or less (reviews for the impatient.)
Now I remember why I abandoned this entry in March. I felt like I should add links for all those things, and, to quote The Brits, "I couldn't be arsed." Though I would feel remiss if I didn't include a bit more info about Tryst, since it was really great. For example, a photo. And the address: 2459 18th Street, NW, Washington DC.
- The futureheads: I saw them, weeks ago at the Double Door in Chicago. They were good, bouncy fun!
- Washington DC: Wow, is there a lot of marble in DC. I think I notice that every time I go there, but it is really true.
- Tryst: There is one happy place in DC that is open late and has free wireless internet, and that place is Tryst. Also, squishy couches. Coffee. Booze.
- The DC Comedy Festival: I did not pee myself, as the t-shirts advertised, but I laughed a lot.
- The Elephants Larry: awesome.
- Troop! also awesome. Elephant Larry's BFF's-not-in-NYC.